Fourth Synod Compiled Acts, Declarations and Statutes
pastor working with properly trained catechists according to norms set forth by the Diocesan Bishop. 46
72. While maintaining the integrity of their Catholic faith, Catholics are encouraged to participate in ecumenical and interfaith meetings and discussions in accordance with can. 755.
A RTICLE 3. P REACHING
73. There shall be a homily at all Sunday Masses and Masses for Holy Days of Obligation. Homilies at weekday Masses are highly encouraged.
74. Preachers are expected to follow the directives of the Catholic Conference of Illinois and the local Ordinary pertaining to political activities by parishes and Catholic Church organizations.
75. Pastors shall arrange a mission of at least three days’ duration at least once every three years in all parishes.
76. Permission of the local Ordinary and a letter of good standing must be obtained for priests from outside the Diocese to celebrate or concelebrate Masses, to preach, conduct missions or retreats, give public addresses, or otherwise engage in ministry in this Diocese.
A RTICLE 4. I NSTRUMENTS OF S OCIAL C OMMUNICATION
77. Catholic Times , as the official Catholic publication of this Diocese, is highly recommended to all our faithful and is to be made widely available in accord with diocesan policies and procedures. Other means of social media are also to be utilized as important means of promoting discipleship and stewardship as a way of life. 78. Vigilance over publications and social communications touching on faith and morals and the granting of permissions or approvals for publications and social communications touching on faith and morals shall be regulated and conducted in accord with the pertinent provisions of the canon law. 47
46 Cf. cc. 773-777.
47 Cf. cc. 822-832.
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker